Not yet rated Add your review
Specially designed for youth or smaller framed rider the Youth Neck Support Yellow functions when the helmet and support frame provide an alternative load path for the excessive energy that compresses the neck.
Specially designed for youth or smaller framed rider the Youth Neck Support functions when the helmet and support frame provide an alternative load path for the excessive energy that compresses the neck. If the helmet is in contact with the neck support at the moment of impact the overall load passing through the neck can be reduced, which may prevent a fracture from occurring and reduce the chance of muscular injuries from extreme head movement. Although it is not possible to eliminate the risk of any form of injury, the support has been proven to help reduce the most serious damage and minimize the risk of collateral injury as the impact load is channeled away from the neck.
• Designed and developed for a fit that is specific to a youth rider’s anatomy.
• Frame constructed from injected polymer compound that has been extensively impact tested at performance on a range of off-road surface and varying temperatures.
• Frame has been ergonomically engineered to promote contact with the helmet during impact – including rear support edge that fits closer to the body and raised chest to avoid hyper-flexion injuries - thus providing a solid surface which instantly channels damaging, compressive impact energy away from the neck and on to the support.
• Frame’s anatomical profile promotes positive helmet contact in event of a crash while allowing rider freedom of movement.
• Rear stabilizer system helps keeps support in position and is also designed to channel extreme energy loads away from the spine by transmitting it across the shoulder and helping to avoid serious spinal injury.
• Ultra-lightweight EVA foam on the support’s underside for comfort and positioning and to distribute the impact force over the widest possible area.
• A new closure system for convenient engagement of support and to facilitate quick removal in case of emergency.
• The support is supplied with the easy-to-use strap system which allows use over or under the jersey to secure the device on the rider.
• The Youth Neck Support can be easily integrated with the A-5S Youth Body Armour to ramp up a young rider’s overall protective coverage.